By taking care of all the administration we assist you, as a temporary working consultant, to fulfil the strict compliance requirements of the Nordic countries so you can keep your focus on the assignment.

Since 1999, GTS Nordic has assisted a worldwide range of International consultants perform business in Denmark, Norway and Sweden.

Our expertise and in-depth knowledge on both domestic and International compliance services has created long-term relations with leading recruitment agencies, consulting businesses and end-clients.


How, when, why?

When you receive an offer for an assignment, many things should be considered other than the offered gross rate.  The way you operate in other countries is not necessarily compliant or the best set-up in the Nordics.  In order to optimise the retention rate we offer an initial conversation – free of charge - where we analyse the situation and advise you about the best set-up.
As a consequence of the increased number of project-based assignments and general international mobility, the requirements for fulfilling the many local rules receive constantly more focus and subsequently a request for documenting the compliance – both from the agencies, end-clients and especially the local authorities.


We care about you as a consultant. It is essential for us that you have a safe and rewarding experience, an optimal set-up and feel comfortable letting GTS Nordic take care of your payroll and tax handling.
From setting up compliant tax structures, local in-country registration through to submitting timesheets and getting paid on time, you’ll find GTS Nordic an invaluable partner.

Local rules and facts


Taxable in Denmark?

When contracting in Denmark as a freelancer, you will most likely be taxable from day one. The 183 day rule do not apply in Denmark and it is therefore required - and often requested by the end-client - that you have a documented compliant set-up. 


Contracting via own company or an employed solution?

In most situations, the most tax efficient set-up is the employed solution, as you can then utilise the 32,84 % flat rate ETS (Expat Taxation Scheme). This tax scheme cannot be used when working through your own limited company - meaning the taxation will then follow the normal Danish progressive tax scheme - typically between 43%- 48%.


Expat Taxation Scheme (§48e)

For consultants who are contractually employed with a Danish entity and a qualifying monthly salary, they may qualify for the ETS, if they have not been otherwise taxed in Denmark within the last 10 years. The ETS is a flat tax rate of 32,84% (2018) and includes full Danish Social Security coverage. For detailed information please use below link.

ETS in brief



If required by the Agency and/or the End-client we can offer consultants on employed solutions to be covered by GTS Nordic's Public Liability, Personal Indemnity Insurance and/or Compulsory Industrial Injury insurance.


Taxable in Sweden?

When contracting in Sweden as a freelancer, you will most likely be taxable from day one unless you live abroad and work in Sweden for less than 183 days and your employer is a foreign legal entity with no requirement for permanent establishment in Sweden.



In Sweden compliant contracting can be done in different ways. Each set up is dependent on the contractual terms, length and personal circumstances.



A fixed retention rate can only be guaranteed for contractors working less than 183 days in Sweden, where the State Income tax for non-residents (SINK tax) can be applied. Being on SINK tax, net retention rate is around 60 % depending on reimbursable expenses.

For longer contracts the Swedish Expert Taxation Scheme is the most optimal solution, with net retention rates of 55-60 %.



When employed by GTS Nordic you are covered by our life insurance and occupational injury insurance.

If required by the Agency and/or the End-client we can offer consultants on employed solutions to be covered by GTS Nordic's Public Liability, Personal Indemnity Insurance and/or Compulsory Industrial Injury insurance.


If you have an assignment in Norway lined up, you will need an employer registered in Norway to handle the reporting of salaries and taxes. It is not allowed to send an invoice from a foreign company to a client in Norway without attaching the work to a business entiy registered in Norway.


For non-EU passport holders, it is required to obtain a valid work permit when contracting and working in the Nordics. 


Entering the Nordics without a valid work permit can lead to penalties, fines and deportation.

Let us take care of the formalistic and rigid application processes.

As part of our employed solution, we facilitate the complete application process and secure a smooth and time optimised handling.

Depending on your nationality and the country in which you will be working, we can utilise our fast-track certification in order to pre-approve the work permit so you can start your assignment within a few days.

GTS Nordic works closely with the local Immigrations and partners to ensure that we provide the best possible solution for you and your family’s immigration requirements.


We are pleased to assist with:

  • Permits for work and residence
  • Business VISA
  • Family residence permit
  • Mandatory insurance

To qualify for a work permit you must have received an official offer of assignment from a Nordic employer.

Local rules and facts


Fast-Track Certification

GTS Nordic is certified by the Danish Immigration Authorities to pre-approve work permits for non-EU citizens. This allows Consultants with an employed solution, an immediate job start (normally within 48 hours).  We take control of the complete application process from start to the end – to secure a hassle free entry into Denmark.

Our international team of experts have huge expertise working with the Immigration Authorities locally and abroad. We can also facilitate the immigration process for your family if required.


Requirements for a Work Permit:

To qualify for a work permit, you must have received an official offer of employment from a Swedish employer. The job must also:

  • Have been advertised in the EU/EEA for at least ten days
  • Offer terms of employment that match those set by Swedish collective agreements or those that are customary within the occupation or industry
  • Pay a minimum monthly salary of SEK 13,000 before taxes.
  • You must have the mandatory insurance coverage

You must also hold a valid passport in your home country.


Work permit

Non-EU citizens with assignments in Norway, will need to apply for a work permit in order to start a job. GTS Nordic can facilitate the application process and make sure the process goes as smoothly as possible.


Our expert team tailor to the needs of each individual at each stage of your relocation – prior to arrival, during your assignment and once it is time to leave again.

Securing a job contract can often be the easiest part of relocating.  The next step is to plan and carry out your move. We know that relocating can be somewhat daunting.  Learning the language, the country and a new job can be difficult to juggle all at once.


GTS Nordic is a premium service company catering to the needs of all foreign specialists who are to work in the Nordics.

We are privileged to work with global partners to ensure you arrive in to your new settings with ease.  We inform and guide you of every step of the process to ensure all mandatory registration is fulfilled.

With our In-depth understanding of International mobility, we provide all the essential information to assist in getting you and your family established in the Nordics.


GTS Nordic can assist in every aspect including:

·      Airport pick up

·      Temporary Accommodation

·      Spouse assistance

·      Settling in

·      Schooling

·      Cross-cultural trainings

·      Learn the language

·      Mandatory Registration Guidance

·      De-registration

·      Pets

Local rules and facts


CPR number

Residents of Denmark are legally required to register and to have a CPR number.  Together with a NemID (digital access key) the CPR number is your main access to all public and most private service operators in Denmark.


General Assistance

Whether you require assistance in opening a bank account, obtaining a Danish phone number, loaning books, insurance, language classes and so on - we can assist you.